Investment wines are experiencing a top performing year. Liv-ex’s September 2021 data shows us that fine wine prices are returning to the peak levels experienced in 2011 and that 2021 is shaping up to be the best performing year for investment wines.
- Liv-ex 100 up 17.4% in 1 year to 30 September 2021
- Liv-ex 100 rose 3.85% in month of September
- Liv-ex 1000 up 2.5% in 1 month
- Top performing region – Liv-ex Burgundy 150 records 7% rise in September
- Knight Frank also reports Fine Wine as the top performing luxury asset in 2021
The growth trend is up across all of the fine wine regional benchmarks and the broader Liv-ex 1000 measure experienced its 8th month of consecutive growth in September.
Burgundy is on a roll as demand for the region’s wines surged following President Biden’s removal of the US Tariffs in March 2021. The Burgundy 150 rose 5.7% in September alone and prices which slipped in 2019 are now back to delivering the strong returns to wine investors experienced in 2018.
Champagne continues to consistently deliver wine investment value. Tracking second in overall performance to the Burgundy 150, Liv-ex’s Champagne 50 index rose 4.5% in September.
For more information on which are the top performing wines delivering growth and factors affecting the fine wine market in September 2021, see our latest Market Update and speak to a member of our team on 0203 384 2262.